The Deafblind Service offers help and support to enable deafblind people to lead independent lives.
Your needs will be assessed by a appropriately qualified person, make sure you get the right kind of support. Support may include:
- Information about new ways of communicating
- Equipment to aid independence
- Rehabilitation to help you become more mobile, communicate and perform daily living skills Communicator
- Guides - outreach workers providing one-to-one support to be the 'eyes and ears' of a deafblind person
- Referral to other groups that may be able to help
Sessions are at the Link Centre for Independent Living.
- Deafblind Officer Wednesday 9.30am - 1.00pm
- Technical officer Wednesday 9.30 am - 1.00 pm