4. Home Learning Resources
Resources to help families whilst children and young people are at home
- Home Schooling
- DfE - list of free online education resources for home education which includes SEND-specific home learning resources to help support parents, teachers and schools, during this period.
- At home resources (POINT website)
- Oral Health Foundation oral health home schooling
- Colgate Colouring
- BBC Bitesize - Parents' Toolkit SEND Supporting wellbeing
- What’s On – online library events and activities
Tiny Happy People
Simple activities and play ideas to develop your child's communication skills.
- Tiny Happy People - BBC website
Weekly programme to support parents with home learning.
Literacy expert and author, Alex Quigley shares simple insights into how parents can support their children to develop their reading, writing and vocabulary whilst learning at home
North West SEND Newsletters
Monthly newsletters packed with all the latest local, regional and national SEND news and updates
Specialist learning, well-being and community service provider which offers specialist learning, training and change services for professionals; well-being services to individuals, including therapy, counselling and coaching services.
Action for Happiness
This Joyful June Calendar has daily actions to help you look for what's good even in difficult times
Early Years Foundation Stage Home (EYFShome)
Have a look at the great work that teachers volunteers have done to create EYFShome in a few days with quality ideas for activities to help engage, educate and entertain families with young children
Education Endowment Fund
Resources on 14 key themes that have been chosen in collaboration with teachers
- Supporting schools and parents to make the most of home learning
- Covid-19 Resources
- School theme resources
The Greater Manchester Tech Fund
The fund will provide learners at risk of digital isolation with 'digital kit bundles' to enable them to continue their learning at home
Oak National Academy
Free resources which includes video lessons to support teachers during this time
We believe that Families are not just important – they are everything. Being a family means you are a part of something wonderful, and the best memories are made when families have fun together.
We’re here to inspire family adventures and to help you find fun things to do, make and see with your family, in your local area.
The Skills Toolkit
Free online digital and numeracy courses to build skills and help progress in work and improved job prospects.
Managing your money
Free online financial education learning activities
- Money Matters Open University aged 16+
- Money Matters Financial Education Text book
- MoneySense aged 5 to 18 years
Parents, carers and teachers Roald Dahl have got lesson plans, activities and videos suitable for home learning