3. COVID-19 Recovery: Responding to the Prevent risks in the education sector
Please find below some useful information which has been forwarded by the North West Counter Terrorism Unit for dissemination to education colleagues.
Please share the information with relevant personnel within your organisation.
You can now find a recording of the event and links to relevant resources at covidpreventduty.lgfl.net
We have also added additional video content from two speakers who were unable to present:
- Professor Lyn Davies from Connect Futures to talk about effective educational approaches to counter violent terrorism.
- The National Literacy Trust to talk about addressing misinformation and promoting critical literacy.
Furthermore, BBC Bitesize have published further resources to support young people with digital literacy skills:
Quiz: Can you spot a fake social media account?
- How algorithms and filter bubbles decide what we see on social media - www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zd9tt39
How false information spreads - www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zcr8r2p
Social media content:
- Have you ever seen an image that doesn’t look right? Fact or Fake with @bbcbitesize has tips and tricks on how to check if what you’re seeing is real bbc.in/2waMR1d
- Do you know the difference between disinformation and misinformation? Watch @dev_101 from @BBCR1 take the fake news buzzword quiz for Fact or Fake with @bbcbitesize bbc.in/3ewH1HI
- How easy is it to spot fake news online? @dev_101 from @BBCR1 had a go at a game of spot the difference for Fact or Fake with @bbcbitesize. You can find more tips here bbc.in/2UbANF2