- They can attract crime and anti-social behaviour
- They can affect the image of an area
- They can devalue surrounding homes
- They stop people who are homeless or vulnerable from getting a home.
Empty home owners
- The property could be reused by the owner, or their relatives or friends
- The owner could rent or lease the property
- The owner can sell the property to another potential owner/occupier, developer or housing association
Report an empty home
Find out who owns an empty home
- Phone: 01253 849849
- Fax: 01253 840001
- Land Registry
Benefits of bringing empty homes back into use
Owners could benefit from the following:
- If you become a landlord, you can charge rent.
- We can help you to find suitable tenants.
- You can benefit from security against vandalism and squatting.
- We can offer property management advice.
- You will have long term investment potential.
- You may be able to have a rent deposit guarantee, and arrange for housing benefit to be paid direct to you as the owner.
Neighbours of empty homes may benefit from:
- The removal of a local ‘eyesore’.
- Improvement of the local area, maybe attracting investment into the area.
- A safer place to live.