If your child does not get into your preferred school, you may appeal the decision.
If your appeal form has not been acknowledged within seven days, contact the Oldham Council School Admission Appeals team.
Please note we cannot post appeal forms out. The forms must be downloaded from the links below.
Appeal form and information booklet
- Appealing a School Place (.pdf) - This booklet explains how to make an appeal and tells you what happens at appeal hearings
- Appeal form (.pdf) Years 3 to 11 - Use this form for appeals unless infant class legislation applies. Year 3 to 11.
- Infant class size appeal form (.pdf) Reception and years 1 & 2 - Use this form if infant class size legislation applies (Contact your school to find out if this is the case)
Appeal dates - Secondary school admissions 2018
- Appeal form available 2 March 2018
- Closing date to submit appeal form 20 April 2018
- Last date for appeal hearings 13 July 2018
If you have questions about secondary school admissions you may find the answers that you’re looking for on the secondary schools admissions website:
Appeal dates - Primary school admissions 2018
- Appeal form available 19 April 2018
- Closing date to submit appeal form 11 May 2018
- Last date for appeal hearings 13 July 2017
If you have questions about primary school admissions you may find the answers that you’re looking for on the primary schools admissions website: