If you struggle physically to put your bins out due to illness, disability, pregnancy, or for any other reason, you may be eligible for an assisted collection.
- You must be physically unable to put your bins out.
- There must be nobody over the age of 18 living with you that could put your bins out for you.
If you live in a terraced house you must put your house number on your back gate and all of your bins.
If you have alley gates you will need to open them for the collection crew.
- Application form
- Or call us on 0161 770 6644 and we will post a form out to you within 5 working days.
To assist your application, you may be asked for supporting documents, for example:
- Attendance allowance
- Disability allowance
- Mobility allowance
- Sickness benefits etc
- Doctors/hospital note
You may be refused if:
- Your application does not meet any of the criteria for assisted collection.
- Your application does not include the necessary supporting documents.
- Assisted collection would be too difficult for the collection crews.
Once we have received your application, we will contact you within 5 working days to advise of next steps.
Appeal against a decision
If you are unhappy with the decision on your assisted collection application, please contact us.