Dictionaries, encyclopedias, and online reference books
Library members have access to a wide range of online reference sources including dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other information sources. Some of these resources are only available within the library, while others require a library card login.
Accessible from home with library card
- Encyclopedia Britannica - Comprehensive encyclopedia of knowledge, with junior versions available for homework help
- Theory Test Pro - Official Driving Theory Test practice questions and answers – includes Hazard Perception practice videos
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography - The national record of men and women who have shaped British history and culture, worldwide, from the Romans to the 21st century.
- Oxford Bibliographies – Authoritative research guides across a variety of subject areas.
- The Oxford English Dictionary - The standard dictionary of the English Language
- Oxford Dictionaries - English language reference dictionaries, thesauruses and grammars
- Oxford Reference Online – A searchable archive of Oxford University Press’ reference collection
Accessible only in a Library
- Access to Research – Free access to millions of articles in thousands of academic journals and a variety of topics
- Which? - Independent consumer information and product reviews (please ask for access at the information desk)
- Ancestry UK - Birth, Marriage, Death, and other government records.
- FindMyPast - Birth, Marriage, Death, and other government records.
- British Newspaper Archive - Hundreds of historic newspapers from all over Britain and Ireland