We now offer a bigger and better eBook and eAudiobook download service in partnership with Greater Manchester Libraries and BorrowBox.
To use this service you'll need to sign in to BorrowBox. It's free and there is a large collection of both eBooks and eAudiobooks for you to download.
To download the app simply open the app store on your device, search for BorrowBox and download
Once you’ve installed the app, search for Oldham Libraries in the ‘Library’ field, and log in using your library membership card number and 4-digit PIN
Comics Plus Library Edition brings unlimited access to thousands of digital graphic novels and comics to library patrons on any Web-connected device.
- View titles through your Web browser on any computer, tablet or smartphone with an Internet connection.
- Check out and read titles through iOS and Android Mobile Apps.
- Browse by genre, publisher, and comic — then instantly check out your favorites.
- Access comics whenever you want them — no holds or waiting.
Read full digital copies of your favourite magazines for free from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Nearly 100 titles are currently available covering everything from lifestyle to food, and computers to family history. Titles include Good Housekeeping, BBC Good Food, Gardeners’ World, Who Do You Think You Are? And Computeractive . Borrow an unlimited number of magazines to keep forever or delete when you want.
- go to the RBdigital website
- create a new account, and enter your library card number
- browse the selection
- checkout your chosen publications to read in your browser or on a range of mobile devices
Zinio magazines can be read on a wide variety of desktop and mobile apps. The apps are designed for offline reading.
To access the magazines through an app it must first be checked out while you are online through the website. You cannot check out new titles through the app alone.
There is more help on the RB Digital Gateway.
If you're not already a member you can join the library online.
Access to Research
The Access to Research service gives free, walk-in access to a wide range of academic articles and research in public libraries across the UK. Use this link in any library in Oldham to access the full service.