Love Your Local Market 2017
Residents could win £50 worth of Tommyfield Market shopping vouchers just by telling us why they love Oldham’s market traders.
Oldham Council is running a social media competition as part of ‘Love Your Local Market’, which is a national campaign celebrating Britain’s markets from Wednesday 17 May to Sunday 4 June.
With a fantastic variety of traders operating at more than seven markets across the borough, including our new traditional market at Chadderton and our Sunday morning car boot, many residents engage with our traders on a daily basis.
Whether it is a time when you received excellent customer service, or when a trader went the extra mile to help you with your shopping, we want to hear your trader tale.
To enter, all residents have to do is submit their trader tale via a tweet or Facebook post to our main social media channels – Twitter: @OldhamMarkets | Facebook: Oldham Markets – using the hashtag #TraderTale.
Entries close at 5pm on 11 June and the winner will be announced on our social media channels.
A few trader tales from our very own market traders…
How to enter?
Residents have to submit their trader tale via a tweet or Facebook post to our main social media channels – Twitter: @OldhamMarkets | Facebook: Oldham Markets – using the hashtag #TraderTale.
When is the deadline to enter?
Entries close at 5pm on 11 June.
When will the winners be announced?
The winner will be announced on our social media channels at 12noon on Wednesday 14 June.
We will contact the winner directly via social media to arrange the delivery of the prize.
What are the raffle prizes?
£50 worth of Tommyfield Market shopping vouchers.
Terms and conditions
By entering this competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The Trader Tale competition is open to all residents of the UK over the age of 16.
- Employees of Oldham Council’s Market Team, Town Centre Team, and participating stallholders and staff at our Oldham markets are exempt from taking part in the Trader Tale competition. Immediate family members (parents and siblings) of Oldham market stallholders are also exempt from taking part.
- You can enter the Trader Tale competition as many times as you would like in the build-up to the deadline, however only one winner will be announced.
- The Trader Tale competition deadline is Sunday 11 June 2017 at 5pm and the winner will be announced on our social media channels at 12noon on Wednesday 14 June.
- We will contact the winner directly via social media to arrange the delivery of the prize.
- Submissions should only be sent to us at the following social media channels Twitter: @OldhamMarkets | Facebook: Oldham Markets, however we will accept entries via @OldhamCouncil (Twitter) and I Love Oldham (Facebook).
Claiming your prize
- The winner will be announced on our social media channels at 12noon on Wednesday 14 June.
- The raffle prize winners will be contacted via the social media channel of which they submitted their entry.
- £50 worth of Tommyfield Market shopping vouchers will be sent to the address that the winner supplies to us after they have been informed that they are the winner.
- Oldham Council withdraws liability for damaged prizes after they have been delivered to the winner.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
The information you provide will be collected and stored by Oldham Council and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only use your information for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name and county if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented. We will not pass your details on to any third party.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Oldham Council excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the raffle and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Oldham Council’s liability for death or personal injury arising from Oldham Council’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- You agree to indemnify Oldham Council and keep Oldham Council indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Oldham Council as a result of your entry in the Competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- You agree that if you are a competition winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
- Oldham Council reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the Oldham Council website without giving notice.
If you would like to remove your entry from the draw then you can do so by emailing email@example.com
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.