Help conserve local wildlife
Help conserve our local wildlife and countryside areas for the enjoyment of all.
Ways to get involved:
- Mucky Sundays - pond clearance, dry stone walling, woodland management
- Gardening club - Fridays at Brownhill Nature Garden
- Help in the visitor centres or with events
- Conduct wildlife surveys - record bird sightings
- Learn countryside crafts - hedgelaying, dry stone walling
- Do patrols or help on guided walks
- Meetings and social events
Parks and Countryside Service
Oldham OL8 2BH
Phone: 0161 770 4056
Grounwork Oldham and Rochdale carry out environmental projects. Find out how to become a volunteer on their website.
- Training and Volunteering - Groundwork website (opens in a new window)