GM Green Homes Grant | GM Green Homes Grant | Oldham Council
Get a coronavirus vaccination

Vaccinations are now available to anyone aged 12 or above. Anyone over 12 can book online. Anyone over 16 can visit one of our local vaccine clinics without an appointment.

Get a vaccination

Greater Manchester Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme

Money towards energy efficiency home improvements

Oldham Council has secured funding through the Greater Manchester Combined Authority to run the Government’s Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme by working with energy company E.ON.

The scheme aims to:

  • Increase your home’s energy efficiency rating while reducing your energy bills.
  • Deliver cost effective carbon savings to support the UK’s target for net zero by 2050.
  • Support clean growth and ensure homes are thermally comfortable, efficient, and well adapted to climate change.

Oldham Council is encouraging eligible residents in Oldham to apply for a grant of up to £10,000 towards the cost of installing energy efficiency measures in their homes.

How much can you get?

For owner-occupiers, the grant will cover 100% of the cost of the improvements up to a maximum government contribution of £10,000.

For landlords, the grant will cover two-thirds of the cost of eligible improvements, up to a maximum government contribution of £5,000.

Check if you are eligible

You may be eligible if

  • your property is in Oldham
  • you own your own home (including long-leaseholders and shared ownership)
  • you own a park home on a residential site (including Gypsy or Traveller sites)
  • you are a residential landlord in the private rented sector
  • the occupants have a combined gross annual household income of less than £30,000
  • the property has a low Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of band E, F or G. 

How the Green Home Grant scheme works

If you are a homeowner or a residential landlord in Oldham, you can apply to the Local Authority Delivery Scheme for a Green Homes Grant towards the cost of energy efficiency improvements to your home. You do not need to be an E.ON customer to apply.

Apply now

You can check the EPC rating of your home and register your interest at:

Application review

One of E.ON’s friendly experts will then contact you by phone and check that you qualify before scheduling a home survey.

Home Survey

An E.ON-appointed surveyor will visit you to determine what energy efficiency improvements are suitable for your home.


A TrustMark registered contractor will install the measures required to improve the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of your home.


E.ON will continue to provide you with ongoing support. The scheme also includes guarantees and warranties with applicable terms and conditions in accordance with the measures installed.


E.ON have adapted their processes to ensure that they work in a safe manner in accordance with the latest Government guidelines.

Frequently asked questions

What energy efficiency measures are available?

If eligible, the scheme provides money towards energy efficiency and low carbon heating measures, such as:

  • Insulation (External Wall / Room-in-Roof / Underfloor)
  • Air Source Heat Pump powered central heating system
  • Replacement of single glazed windows and timber external doors
  • Solar PV Panels

How do I find the energy efficiency rating for my home?

You can find the energy efficiency rating of your home by looking on the EPC Register and entering your postcode and selecting your house from the list.

What should I do if I don’t meet the eligibility criteria?

If you don't meet the above eligibility criteria for the Green Homes Grant scheme, don't worry. There are other schemes which you may qualify for, so get in touch with E.ON and see how they can help you.

Call the Green Homes Grant team at E.ON on: 

Phone: 0333 202 4820 the lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm

Or email the Green Homes Grant team at E.ON with your contact number.

They will then contact you via phone and check that you qualify before scheduling a home survey.

When does the Green Homes Grant end?

All improvement works to your home must be completed by 31 March 2022.

Can I find my own contractors or do the work myself?

No, E.ON will find approved installers in your area to complete the work for you.

Is the Local Authority Delivery Scheme still open, even though the national voucher scheme has closed?

Yes, you can still apply for the Local Authority Delivery Scheme until 31 March 2022. All improvement works must be completed by this time.