You can give your views on plans to reduce harmful air pollution on our local roads now. Greater Manchester is holding an eight-week long consultation on its Clean Air Plan proposals.
Government has instructed Greater Manchester to introduce a charging Clean Air Zone right across all ten local authority areas, including Oldham.
Some vehicles that don’t meet emissions standards will have to pay a daily charge to drive in and around the zone. That includes buses, coaches, heavy goods vehicles, taxis, private hire, vans, and minibuses. Private cars and motorbikes are not affected.
To help local people, businesses and organisations prepare, Greater Manchester is asking for more than £150 million of government funding to support upgrades to cleaner, compliant vehicles. Those who upgrade before the Clean Air Zone is introduced in 2022 would not have to pay a daily charge.
You can give your views on key elements of the Greater Manchester-wide Clean Air Zone proposals now:
- The proposed Clean Air Zone boundary
- Proposed daily charges
- Proposed discounts and exemptions
- Proposed government funding support package to support local businesses
Find out more now and fill out the questionnaire at cleanairgm.com before 23:59 Thursday 3 December 2020.
Alternatively, you can:
- Email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give your feedback via telephone on 0161 244 1100 (you will be forwarded through to independent research organisation AECOM).
- Write/send a completed questionnaire to Freepost RUBS-XRAT-GLBK, AECOM, 1 New York Street, Manchester, M1 4HD.