Our experienced Learning Support Team can help you to access our curriculum offer, ensuring that you have an equal opportunity to study, learn and achieve your potential.
How to access learning support
You can make a request for learning support at any time:
- Prior to enrolment: You can ask about learning support at any of our centres or contact the Learning Support Team by telephoning 0161 770 5545 or emailing email@example.com
- At enrolment: Tick the learning support request box on the enrolment form. You will then be asked to complete a Learning Support Request Form where you can tell us about your personal learning needs. There are members of the Learning Support Team at every enrolment session and we will be happy to help you complete your request for support.
- When you have started a course: You may find that you would like some support. You can speak to your tutor or contact the Learning Support Team by telephoning 0161 770 5545 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of Learning Support
We offer a person-centred approach to meet your learning needs which could include:
- Building confidence
- Meet and greet
- Adaptive equipment and technology
- Support for learners with mobility differences
- Support for learners with sensory impairment
- Support for English Speakers of Other Languages
- Note taking or material adaptation
- Readers and scribes
- Learning Support Assistants in classes – 1:1 or small group
- Special examination arrangements
- Support with study skills – both in and out of the course session times
How can Learning Support help?
Here are some examples of comments from learners who received Learning Support in 2018/19
‘Support staff gave me the confidence to attend class and enjoy the sessions’
‘A special thanks to my Support Worker for the individual attention, encouragement and confidence building I received.’
‘Much better since I had a support worker.’