Council Tax discounts

Residents in care homes, certain hostels or long term hospital patients

If a person who normally lives at your address is now living in a residential care home, hospital or certain type of hostel, and is not intending to return home, you may be eligible for a Council Tax discount.

If nobody else lives at the address, you may be eligible for an exemption (so there will be no Council Tax to pay at all).

Apply for a discount or exemption

Pick up a form from the Council Tax Team at Access Oldham

If your bill indicates that a discount has been allowed, you must tell the Council of any change of circumstance which affects your entitlement within 21 days.  If you fail to do so you may be required to pay a penalty.

Council Tax Team
Access Oldham
Level 4, Civic Centre
West Street
Oldham, OL1 1UG
Tel 0161 770 6622