6. Shaw Business Improvement Grants
We’re investing £100,000 to increase the vibrancy of Lees town centre and offering up to £8,000 of grant support to independent businesses and for 50% of eligible capital costs.
What can the grants be used for?
Support is available to help new and existing independent business owners to set up or grow their business. We’re keen to hear from independent businesses located in the area outlined on the map below
The grants can be used to improve the exterior of your premises or for internal fit out.
Additional free support for businesses in Shaw
In addition to the Shaw Business Improvement Grant, we offer a range of additional support for your business, including:
- Your Council contact – a named contact within the council to help you progress your ideas
- Bespoke business support to help grow your business – this includes business planning, advice and guidance, access to new markets and a variety of workshops
- Free recruitment support – through the Get Oldham Working initiative to help attract new staff through advertising, interview support and wage subsidies
- Access to finance – in addition to the Lees Building Improvement Grant, there is a range funding available, including the Oldham Enterprise Fund. The Oldham Enterprise Fund is unique to the borough and provides a mix of loans and grants to new and existing business to help them grow
- Mentoring and training – specialist training to suit your business needs, plus mentoring and support from experienced business people
- Supply chain and networking opportunities – introductions to relevant businesses and invitations to business networking events
To find out more and to apply for a loan, please call 0161 770 2077 or email email@example.com