4. A62 Failsworth business improvement grants
The Council is improving the A62 corridor through Failsworth and local independent businesses are invited to apply for a grant of up to £8,000 to improve their premises and for 50% of eligible capital costs.
What can the grants be used for?
Support is available to help new and existing independent business owners to improve the external appearance of their premises. Priority will be given to applications that have a sustainable business plan, make lasting improvements and where there will be business growth or job creation.
In addition to the Failsworth Business Improvement Grant, you can take advantage of a range of additional support for your business, including:
- Your Council contact – a named contact within the council to help you progress your ideas
- Bespoke business support to help grow your business – this includes business planning, advice and guidance, access to new markets and a variety of workshops
- Free recruitment support – through the Get Oldham Working initiative to help attract new staff through advertising, interview support and wage subsidies
- Access to finance – There is a range funding available, including the Oldham Enterprise Fund. The Oldham Enterprise Fund is unique to the borough and provides a mix of loans and grants to new and existing business to help them grow
- Mentoring and training – specialist training to suit your business needs, plus mentoring and support from experienced business people
- Supply chain and networking opportunities – introductions to relevant businesses and invitations to business networking events
Supporting Failsworth businesses
The council has made several noticeable improvements in Failsworth to date, including:
- £1m investment in improving roads and the local environment including resurfacing of the carriageway, replacement of street lighting and traffic signs, tree planting and improvement to the pedestrian crossing facilities.
- Introduction of a project by Failsworth and Hollinwood aimed at changing behaviours and attitudes towards fly-tipping.
- Investigating concerns by residents of alley gates being left open. A questionnaire will be distributed so that this can be investigated further.
- Introduction of a Friday night drop-in session for young people at Failsworth Town Hall where they can meet friends. This is already having a positive impact on reports of anti-social behaviour.
- Relocation of the Police Station from Oldham Road to Failsworth Town Hall - GMP will now be based alongside other council and community services.
- Re-route of the 151 bus – this will now call directly into Hollinwood Metrolink station, giving residents great accessibility to the local area and further afield.
Fill in an application form to apply
When you have completed the application, please return the completed form to:Neighbourhoods Directorate,
Invest in Oldham,