Coronavirus: National lockdown

Stay home. Only go out for food, medical reasons, exercise, education or work. Avoid travel unless essential. You must work from home if you can. Schools and essential shops will remain open.

Coronavirus: Information and advice

6. House to House and Street Collections

You must apply for a street collection licence if you want to

  • Collect money in a public place
  • Sell items for charity in a public place

A public place is a 'place where the public has access'.

Street collections are usually made by charities and take place in a town centre on busy shopping days.

Licences are monitored so charities aren't all collecting on the same day.


When you send in your application form, we'll send you a return form which must be completed and returned after the collection.


There is no fee for a street collection licence.