Special cases | Complaints or feedback about the Council | Oldham Council
Get a coronavirus vaccination

Book online or visit one of our local vaccine clinics without an appointment.

Get a vaccination

3. Special cases

Where possible the council will look at all complaints in the way described above. Some exceptions apply due to statutory and legal limitations such as:

  • A Town and Country Planning Appeal against a refusal of Planning Permission
  • A complaint where the customer has commenced legal proceedings or has taken court action but not cases where a customer has simply threatened to start legal proceedings against the Council
  • A complaint has already been heard by a court or tribunal, including the Revenue Services Review Board appeal mechanism
  • A complaint about Social Services Provision covered by statutory procedures, (i.e. Section 7B of the Local Authority Social Services Act, 1970 as amended by Section 50 of the National Health Service and Community Care Act,1990)
  • A school admission or exclusion appeal
  • A staff complaint about a personnel matter, including appointments, dismissals, pay, pensions and discipline (but not from staff as service users)
  • A complaint about a penalty charge notice by the Parking Control Service (except administrative issues) and the recovery process thereafter
  • A complaint against the refusal of disabled badges for parking exemption.

In these instances, you will be informed as to the Appeal Process.