Coronavirus: New guidance

Meet outside rather than inside where possible. Keep 2 metres apart from people that you don’t live with. Minimise travel in and out of affected areas. Get tested twice a week and isolate if positive

Coronavirus: New guidance

Please note that if you are contacting the council to request a service, such as the collection of waste or highways maintenance, you will need to contact the relevant department directly. 

You can submit a service request to many council departments online using the Report a Problem page of the website.

The complaints team offers a predominantly online service and complaints should be submitted using the online form

If you wish to submit any supporting documentation, this can be sent to 

For vulnerable adults, children or young people whose circumstances or abilities mean they are unable to access the online form, we are currently operating an answerphone service. This can be accessed by calling 0161 770 8122 and leaving a short message.

The team aims to return calls within 2 working days. We do ask for cooperation in ensuring that this service is only used by those vulnerable customers who are unable to use the online service. 


Please be aware that some complaints, such as concerns about councillors and schools, are dealt with via alternative processes; information on these processes can be found at How the Council will deal with your complaint.

We welcome comments from people who use our services and will use any feedback to identify how we can improve our services in the future.


If you have any safeguarding concerns about a child, young person, or adult at risk, please report these concerns directly to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub