Tell us once

When you have a baby government departments and local council services need to be told.

You can ask Oldham Council to contact all the right people, so you don't have to do it all yourself.

The Council can contact the following organisations on your behalf:

  • Department for Works and Pensions
  • Housing/Council tax benefits
  • Family information service/Children’s Services
  • Libraries

To use the service, talk to the Register Office when you make a booking to register your baby's birth.

Book an appointment online

Register Office
Chadderton Town Hall
Middleton Road
Oldham, OL9 6PP
Tel 0161 770 8960
Fax 0161 770 3729