3. Getting to Comic Con 3
Wondering how to get to Oldham’s Comic Com 3? Well there’s no need to worry as we have sorted that headache out for you with all the relevant information below. From estimated drive times, to what time the next tram, we’ve covered it all. All you need to do now is plan your journey accordingly.
- J22 on the M60 and follow Oldham town centre signs on the A62
- J20 on the M62 and follow Oldham town centre signs on the A627M
- J22 on the M62 and follow Oldham signs on A672
Drive times from Oldham Town Centre
- Chadderton Town Centre - 4 minutes
- Royton Town Centre - 5 minutes
- Failsworth Town Centre - 9 minutes
- Ashton-under-Lyne Town Centre - 9 minutes
- Rochdale Town Centre - 11 minutes
- Manchester City Centre - 19 minutes
- Trafford Centre - 23 minutes
- Stockport Town Centre - 27 minutes
- Bury Town Centre - 31 minutes
- Salford City Centre - 33 minutes
- Bolton Town Centre - 35 minutes
- Huddersfield Town Centre - 35 minutes
- Leeds - 46 minutes
- Wigan Town Centre - 52 minutes
- Liverpool 1hr 15 minutes
By Tram (Metrolink)
You can access Oldham Town Centre via the Rochdale/East Didsbury Metrolink line, which also provides connectivity to Manchester City Centre.
There are four Metrolink stops which are within walking distance of The Queen Elizabeth Hall
- Oldham King Street - 7 minutes
- Westwood - 10 minutes
- Oldham Central - 10 minutes
- Oldham Mumps - 16 minutes
To see where you can hop on a tram to Oldham, please use this map of the Metrolink network.
A wide range of bus services travel to Oldham Bus Station which provides a transport hub at the heart of the town centre.
For a full list of all the busses that come into the town centre, please use this map provided by Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM).
Here's a map of all council-owner car parks in the town centre (these are shaded in blue, with a blue P for regular spaces and a purple P for disabled and pro-mobility spaces). The Town Square shopping centre car park is shaded in orange.
There are more than 900 parking spaces available across eight council-owned sites in the town centre, in addition to several private car parks and shopping centre car parks.
There are up to three hours of free town centre car parking at weekend’s at all council-owned sites. Simply take a ticket and display it in your vehicle on arrival.
There is also additional car park spaces at the Town Square shopping centre car park - accessed via Ascroft Street. If you get your ticket validated at the ODEON cinema or Old Town Hall restaurants, this means you would pay £2 for up to a maximum four-hour stay between 9am and 6pm.
Parking is free after 6pm at the Town Square shopping centre car park until after the last film has finished (the car park will close at 3am).
(Please note this does not apply to the Spindles car park)