What is skills for Employment?
- Skills for employment supports people to improve their skills in order to find sustainable employment
- Skills for employment offers customers one to one support from a Personal Learning Mentor to give participants the best chance of moving into employment
- Skills for Employment offers support with life-skills such as motivation and confidence
What does Skills for Employment offer participants?
- Their own Learning Mentor to support them throughout their journey on Skills for Employment
- SelfSmart – a comprehensive assessment which allows the customer to understand their barriers and unlock their potential
- Specialist support including 1-2-1 skills support and non-accredited learning. National careers service, in-house training sessions including confidence motivation and travel planning
- Access to a wide variety of accredited courses and quality work experience placements (to date 50% of the people who started a placement have found work)
- Flexibility for lone parents, child friendly hours for courses and the ability to take gaps in the work placement around school holidays
- Helpful for those customers who aren’t job ready and need extra support to gain skills and work experience to move back into sustainable employment
How do you sign up for Skills for Employment?
- Drop into the office, 1st Floor, Metropolitan Place, Hobson Street, Oldham, OL1 1TT
- Call our office on 0161 770 4674 to book an appointment
- Email employability on firstname.lastname@example.org a member of staff will respond with an appointment, date and time.