e-Notifications are a great way to help you keep up-to-date with a range of claims.
- Housing Benefit (for both residents and landlords who receive Housing Benefit directly)
- Discretionary Housing Payments
- Council Tax Reduction
- Free school meals
Signing up means we’ll send you an online update – an e-Notification – any time we have key information for you – for example any changes to your claim.
It’s much easier and quicker than receiving those notifications by post and means you will be able to check where you’re up to in just a few clicks.
The service is free, and you can cancel at any time.
It’s also better for the environment and a great way of doing #yourbit by helping us to save money on postage which can be reinvested in local services.
How does it work?
If we need to contact you, for example to give you an update on your claim, we’ll send an email to the address you supply. It’s as simple as that.
If you log into My Account you will be able to view all new correspondence.
I already have a My Account
- Click on the My services tab
- Click the "Show details" button underneath Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- This will take you to a new page and you will see a button for "e-Notification sign up"
- Click the "e-Notification sign up" button
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
- Enter your email address in the "Email address" box
- Click Confirm
I don't have a My Account
You will be asked for your:
- Council Tax reference number
- Housing Benefit reference number
- National Insurance number
- Date of birth
When you have signed up to view your Council Tax and Benefit details in My Account you will be prompted to sign up for e-Notifications.
Read and agree to the terms and conditions, enter your email address and click "Sign up".