Coronavirus update and advice

Stay at home as much as possible, work from home if you can, limit contact with other people, keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible), wash your hands regularly.

More information

5. Payment of your Housing Benefit

Oldham Council pay housing benefit by BACS only. We no longer make payment by Cheque. You will need to provide relevant bank details so we can pay your housing benefit, by completing a BACS transfer form:

If your landlord is a housing association then you will have the choice of having your housing benefit paid to yourself or your landlord. 

If your landlord is a private landlord, under the local housing allowance scheme we will normally make payment to you by BACS. 

If you feel you would not be able to cope with receiving the benefit payments then please provide this information to us, by completing a safeguard application form

If payment is made to you, then you will be paid fortnightly in arrears.

If payment is made to your landlord, then they will be paid monthly in arrears.