Avoid a local lockdown

Do not make visits to other people's homes or gardens. Restrictions on care home visiting are not being relaxed. Those who are shielding should continue to take extra care.

Latest information and advice
Failsworth, M35

Contact phone

07912 678 213
Ofsted URN: EY441924

Ofsted rating



From 1 month to 14 years old



Vacancy details

2 x under 5 part time vacancies. 2 x before and after school care for St Marys RC School and Propps Hall School

Overnight childcare?


Opening times

Monday and Tuesday 8am - 5.30pm, Wednesday and Thursday 8am - 5.45pm

Cost details

Per hour: £4

Free childcare possible for 2 year olds


Free childcare possible for 3/4 year olds


Takes childcare vouchers?


Drops-off/picks-up from

Mather Street C.P. School, Propps Hall C.P. School, St. Mary's R.C. School


I drop off and pick up from St Mary's, Propps Hall Schools Failsworth, and can also accommodate drop off at Mather Street School and mid day pick up.

Holiday care is also available, please contact me with your requirements

Registered for 30 hours free childcare

Provides for different cultural needs


How do you identify special educational needs and disabilities?

Initially I communicate with parents and the children I care for as well as other Early Years professionals and teachers to identify needs. I also use a system of assessments within my setting, from the first few initial visits and settling in sessions, to observations that form a baseline assessment to determine the starting points of the child who will enter my care and devise learning opportunities to best suit a child?s needs. Observations and child led planning are used whilst a child is in my care to inform developmental progress as well as to help me should a need arise that myself or the parent were not aware of previously. I also ensure I keep up to date with SEND training offered by my Local Authority as well as seek out specific training when needed to help with a particular developmental need of an individual child. Termly assessments are shared with parents through my online system. I also provide a 2 year progress assessment Which is sent home for you to share with your Health Visitor, detailing your ' progress within my setting so that Health Visitors are aware of any concerns I may have with regards to development and potential SEND and can use this information to assess if additional help may be needed.

How do you involve parents/carers?

If I have a concern for a child I will discuss this with the parent/carer. Initially offering advice so that we can both monitor for developmental progress. The termly assessments I do are a good way to assess progress over a short period of time, however I feel that it can not replace day to day communication. Therefore I feel that it is a shared responsibility between myself and a parent/carer to have an effective relationship and foster a relaxed and open environment so that this can be achieved. This enables parents and carers to discuss any concerns openly and vice versa so that we can provide the best care possible for their child. Therefore I ask parents to share observations from home, which can be added to the online system I use in the setting. Notes, observations, pictures or concerns etc. It all adds to an overall picture of where a child is at developmentally.

How do you support a child’s learning and development?

As stated before it is important that we communicate to support your child's Learning and Development, but it is also important that information from any specialist is passed between us, this way I can use the information to inform planning of activities to best suit your child to help with their developmental progress. I work closely with AEN specialists to make sure that I am offering the right care and offering appropriate learning activities for your child. As well as attending training and asking for specific training for a child?s specific need to best met. Useful guidance and activities will be shared with parents so that we can provide continuity of care between AEN professionals myself and home.

How do you meet a child’s educational needs?

Being child led means that I cater for a child's individual needs, changing my resources and activities so that I follow a child's interests as well as providing an all around holistic approach to care. As it is very important to me that a child meets their full potential but do so in a safe, warm and secure environment. I follow the Early Years Foundation Stage, but understand that each child develops at their own pace, so individualised care is important to be able to ensure a child's emotional needs and well-being are met.Through regular observations, liaising with parents/carers, AEN specialists and review I can adapt my approach when needed to ensure that this happens.

How do we know my child is achieving agreed outcomes?

I continually assess the children in my care, both informally and formally by written assessment and share this information with other Professionals involved in your child?s care as well as yourself. I use an online system that parents have access to 24 hours a day so they can log on at their leisure, take a quick glance at their tracker, or read observations, to reports, to check daily diaries. Termly reports are where I can assess and review development, check outcomes from the previous term and set new ones. Parents/carers are actively encouraged to contribute to these reports as they can also add information and observations which I can then assign to areas of development so together we can see the progress a child is making.

How do you adapt for a child with extra needs?

My setting is inclusive. Therefore I adapt activities and resources to make them accessible to all. If within my budget I can also buy new resources to enable activities to be more accessible, or access training to make sure my setting is more accessible.

How accessible is your service, outside and inside?

My setting is on the ground floor, however toilet facilitates are upstairs so this may be an issue for a child with mobility issues to be able to access the toilet independently. My back garden is flat although there is a step down into the garden. There is also a step up into the house which may cause an issue with regards to wheelchair access.

How do you involve children in outings and trips?

All children will be involved in routine outings. All the centres, library?s, parks etc. we visit are accessible. I use my car (7 seater) dependant on number of children attending the setting it has a bog enough boot to store Wheelchairs or other equipment - bus and tram and walk to lots of local activities. If additional equipment may be needed to enable your child to get to or from activities outside of my setting e.g. adapted buggies etc then I would ask parents to provide them. Reasonable adaptations for outings would be made to enable inclusion.

How do you work with other organisations?

Sharing informations with external agencies is vital to support children with SEND. It allows for continuity of care which will enable a child to progress and develop to the best of their ability. Therefore I work closely with Children?s Centre?s. health visitors ,teachers and AEN specialists. This is done by email and phone conversation when information is required, or by liaising and arranging visits to the setting for assessment or therapy when needed by a child. As well as attending integrated meetings where possible. I also attend regular training and share good practice with other Early years professionals are training sessions and Childminder Network Meetings. I currently work with an AEN specialist, speech and language therapist and liaise with a Health Visitor within my setting.

How do you support children when they start and leave?

When a child first starts at my setting they have a settling in period which is arranged by agreement with the parent. I also gather information from the Parents/carers, to other professionals who may be involved in their care to help me form a baseline assessment. This helps me to gage what level a child is at and adapt my environment and activities to best suit their needs. When a child leaves my setting, I start by getting them used to the transition. Helping them to understand the move, usually to go to school, or when leaving the area to a new setting entirely. I produce a transition report, detailing where they are up to in their development. Activities I implement that work, as well passing the parents a copy of their child's learning journey which I print off so that they can pass that onto the new setting. I also include my contact details so that the new setting can contact me initially to ask any questions that may help them to settle a child into their new environment.

How are you/staff trained in extra needs?

I initially attended an extended Senco training course. I now attend regular updated training throughout the year, as well as keep up to date with SEND policy changes and EYFS updates to ensure I Implement those changes within my setting. All this information is passed onto my daughter who is my occasional assistant

What is your policy on compliments, complaints, concerns?

I have a written policy with regards to complaints which is sent to parents when they decided to send their child to my setting, This can be accessed at any time on the online system I use. Their is also a complaints form on there that parents can use. General concerns are usually discussed at drop off or pick up. But if a parent has a genuine complaint and feel that they cannot discuss it with myself then they can contact the Local Authority or Ofsted, if they feel that the complaint is warranted then they will investigate.
Updated: 17/10/2019