Contact phone0161 770 5660
AgeFrom 3 to 7 years old
Opening timesMonday to Friday 9am - 8.45pm
“Music is a powerful, unique form of communication that can change the way pupils feel, think and act. It offers children with learning difficulties opportunities to:
- Demonstrate their ability in an area not dependent on language skills
- Improve listening, concentration and attention skills
- Produce sounds and develop expressive language
- Practise turn-taking
- Experiment and try new ideas where there are no right or wrong answers
- Develop co-ordination and functional fine motor skills
(taken from QCA Planning, Teaching and Assessing for Pupils with Learning Difficulties 2009)
Oldham Music Service specialist teachers will work with individuals and small groups of children with a range of special needs, including ASD, language and global delays and low self-confidence. The sessions are geared to the needs of the children and include songs and instrument activities to develop social skills, communication skills and gross and fine motor skills.
As the children gain confidence, experience and develop their skills in the weekly sessions, it will help them to engage more with their peers and classroom activities.
- 0 - 5 years old
- 5 - 11 years old