AgeChildren and young people aged 0-25 years
Oldham Local Authority must make independent disagreement resolution and mediation services available to all parents and carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and young people themselves.
Oldham Local Authority have commissioned POINT Services to deliver Mediation and Disagreement Resolution Services in Oldham and all of these meetings are undertaken by a Civil Mediation Council accredited mediator who is employed directly by POINT Services.
Disagreement Resolution can help to resolve a wide range of disagreements about the Special Educational Needs, Health and Social Care provision for a child or young person. Primarily Disagreement Resolution covers matters that could not be pursued through the First Tier Tribunal.
Mediation can only be undertaken in specific circumstances where you cannot reach an agreement with Oldham Local Authority or CCG in matters relating to Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans. These are:
- Following a decision not to carry out an EHC needs assessment or re-assessment of your child.
- Following a decision not to draw up an EHC Plan for your child, once the Local Authority has done an assessment.
- Following a decision not to amend your child's EHC Plan after the annual review or re-assessment.
- Following a decision to cease to maintain your child's EHC Plan.
If you decide to undertake Mediation, your appointed mediator will inform Oldham Local Authority and the mediation meeting must be held within 30 days of your initial referrals.
Please contact POINT Services for more information about Oldham's Mediation and Disagreement Resolution Services or visit the links below.
Local Offer Downloads
- SEND Mediation & Disagreement Resolution - Guidance on disagreement resolution agreement
- SEND Mediation & Disagreement Resolution - Guidance on mediation