The West Oldham District stretches from the boundary of Ashton up to Royton, and comprises of the Wards of Coldhurst, Medlock Vale and Werneth. While the district is largely made up of residential areas, there is close access to countryside and parks.
The District includes most of the Town Centre with many shops and amenities. Boundary Park, the home of Oldham Athletic football club, is located in Oldham District, as is the Royal Oldham Hospital.
How decisions are made about your neighbourhood
All the elected members for the West Oldham District Wards regularly come together as the District Executive to discuss and make decisions about things that affect local people.
The District Executive sets the local priorities in the District Plan, and works closely with services and partners to achieve these priorities.
Its led by the District Executive Chair, who is supported by the Vice Chair. The Chair and Vice Chair champion the interests of the district at a borough-wide level and support many important events and initiatives throughout the district.
- Oldham District Executive Chair: Cllr Mohammed Alyas
Meet with the District Executive
District Executive meetings are open to the public to come and observe. You can also submit questions to your elected members to be answered at the District Executive meeting. The minutes and agendas of these meetings are all available on-line.
If you would like to submit a question to the District Executive you can do so by letter, email or in person at any time before noon, two clear working days before the meeting. Please see the published agenda for further details.
Challenge a decision made by the District Executive
If you disagree with a decision made by your District Executive, you can collect 100 signatures to force the Overview and Scrutiny Committee to review the decision.
There are some exceptions, details available in the petition template.
Priorities for West Oldham District
- Improving the Environment - Support communities to improve, enhance, and maintain the local environment
- Improving Community Facilities - Support local hubs and services that people can easily access
- Improving health and well-being - Support local people to adopt healthy lifestyles
- Supporting local community groups - Encourage co-operative activity and build community capacity
- Educational Achievement and employment - Support the aspirations of families and young people to achieve a good educational foundation
- People feeling safe in their local area - Work with partners and communities to foster safer neighbourhoods
- Housing - Support the development of new affordable housing in Oldham
Love where you live
Love where you live is about everybody doing their bit to help make Oldham a great place to live.
Your District Team
Your District Team works at district level to improve the neighbourhoods they serve.
The team is led by a District Co-ordinator who works with a wide range of services and organisations to meet the unique needs of the District.
Your District Co-ordinator is Zaiem Khan
- Email: email@example.com
Councillors and ward surgeries
Find out who your local Councillors are.
Councillors hold regular ward surgeries where you can discuss any issues in your neighbourhood.
Ward profiles show economic and social data for an area.