The East Oldham District stretches from Hathershaw to Sholver, and comprises of the Wards of Alexandra, St James, St Mary's and Waterhead. While the district is largely made up of residential areas, there is close access to countryside and parks.
The District skirts round the Town Centre with many shops and amenities. The area around Hill Stores, Huddersfield Road, also provides a good variety local shopping opportunities.
The District Includes many good quality green spaces, including Alexandra, Stoneleigh and Waterhead Parks, as well as countryside land around Moorside and Strinesdale.
How decisions are made about your neighbourhood
All the elected members for the East Oldham District Wards regularly come together as the District Executive to discuss and make decisions about things that affect local people.
The District Executive sets the local priorities in the District Plan, and works closely with services and partners to achieve these priorities.
Its led by the District Executive Chair, who is supported by the Vice Chair. The Chair and Vice Chair champion the interests of the district at a borough-wide level and support many important events and initiatives throughout the district.
- Oldham District Executive Chair: Cllr Riaz Ahmad
- Oldham District Executive Vice Chair: Cllr Peter Dean
Meet with the District Executive
District Executive meetings are open to the public to come and observe. You can also submit questions to your elected members to be answered at the District Executive meeting. The minutes and agendas of these meetings are all available on-line.
If you would like to submit a question to the District Executive you can do so by letter, email or in person up to 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Challenge a decision made by the District Executive
If you disagree with a decision made by your District Executive, you can collect 100 signatures to force the Overview and Scrutiny Committee to review the decision.
There are some exceptions, details available in the petition template.
Priorities for the East Oldham District
- Improving the Environment - Support communities to improve, enhance, and maintain the local environment
- Anti-poverty and Supporting People in Need - Support local hubs and services that people can easily access
- Improving health and well-being - Support local people to adopt healthy lifestyles
- Community Engagement and Activities - Encourage co-operative activity and build community capacity
- Open Space and Recreational Facilities - Improve and develop high quality open spaces for the local community
- People feeling safe in their local area - Work with partners and communities to foster safer neighbourhoods
Love where you live
Love where you live is about everybody doing their bit to help make Oldham a great place to live.
Your District Team
Your District Team works at district level to improve the neighbourhoods they serve. The team is led by a District Co-ordinator who works with a wide range of services and organisations to meet the unique needs of the District.
Your District Co-ordinator is Simon Shuttleworth
Councillors and ward surgeries
Find out who your local Councillors are.
Councillors hold regular ward surgeries where you can discuss any issues in your neighbourhood.
Ward profiles show economic and social data for an area.