Pothole Report Form

Use this form to report a pothole.

Who owns the highway?

Before you report a pothole, is the road or pavement private, unadopted or owned by an organisation like a supermarket? (For more information see: Motorways and unadopted streets).

If so, please report to the owner of the street as they are responsible for repairs. Otherwise, please use this form to report the pothole to Oldham Council.

Immediate threats to safety

If the pothole is an immediate and serious threat to safety please phone 0161 770 4325.

Which potholes will be fixed?

For a pothole to be repaired it must be an "actionable defect", this means:

  • 40mm or more deep on a carriageway (any road)
  • 25mm or more deep on a footway (any location where people walk)

These limits are set by central Government.