The community-led Oldham Food Network and the Growing Oldham Feeding Ambition partnership work together to:
• Co-ordinate food activity and support local communities
• Increase food education and skills
• Grow food enterprise
• Communicate opportunities and share resources
Putting local people at the heart of this approach, Growing Oldham, Feeding Ambition brings together residents, communities, partners and organisations to work co-operatively to improve fair access to fresh, local, affordable healthy food, building on landmark community development programmes such as Get Oldham Growing.
Oldham Food Network is leading Oldham’s membership in the Sustainable Food Cities network.
Key aims of Oldham’s inclusion in the network are:
• Increase awareness of the Oldham’s work, share best practice and increase the co-operation of new communities in projects
• Inform a food strategy and action plan for Oldham, providing direction on what local priorities would support sustainable action involving food.
• Help secure funding and support the sustainability of the Network
• Offer a coherent, focused project for the Network, ensuring effective operation and collaborative working between members.
Act now to avoid a local lockdown
We need you to act NOW. If everyone makes these small changes we can avoid a second lockdown. Stop meeting people outside your household. Wear a mask. Stop having visitors.Latest information and advice