- Independent Domestic Violence Advisory Service (IDVA Service)
Community Safety Services
- Telephone number
- 0161 770 1572
The Service provides one to one work with victims and survivors of domestic violence (including Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence) on a short-medium term basis. The advice and support is tailored around the needs of the client and works to reduce risk and ensure safeguarding.
Support is based on the individual’s requirements and circumstances but can include:
- access to safe and emergency accommodation;
- support through the civil and criminal justice system;
- advice on civil interventions available (i.e. Injunctions, Child Contact, Forced Marriage Orders etc.);
- debt and benefits advice;
- safety planning;
- risk assessment
- security advice
The Service works with all victims or survivors of domestic violence, who request their help. This includes male victims, those in same sex relationships and those with no recourse to public funds. If you are working with a client and you cannot assess their risk, please contact the Team for advice. Referral forms can be obtained via the email address above.
Referrals may come from an agency or organisation or clients can self refer if they wish
- Provision for AS&R
- The Service will work with clients with no recourse to public funds. Where applicable, they can assist in trying to find emergency safe accommodation, refer clients to appropriate support projects and for legal advice surrounding their immigration status.
- Language provision
- Where a client does not speak English then interpreters will be used.
- Report a Hate Crime:
- If emailing the service please type [secure] in the subject line
We are having problems with our phone lines and some calls are unable to get through to us, or are being cut off. We are working to fix the issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused.