Vaccinations are now available to anyone aged 12 or above.
If you are aged 12 and over you can book a vaccination online:
- Book a coronavirus vaccination - NHS website
If you are aged 16 and over you can visit one of our local vaccine clinics without an appointment.
Booster vaccines are available on the NHS for people most at risk from COVID-19 who have already had 2 doses of a vaccine. Frontline health or social care workers can also book their COVID-19 booster vaccinations:
While cases are high and rising, everybody needs to continue to act carefully and remain cautious.
- Minimise the number of people you meet and the amount of time you spend with them
- Meet outdoors where possible
- Maintain a reasonable distance when you do meet people
- Open doors and windows when meeting inside
- Get tested regularly and isolate if you are positive
- Get vaccinated and take up booster jabs when offered, and encourage others to do so as well
- If you have had your first vaccine make sure you get your second
- Wear a face coverings or mask in busy indoor settings and crowded areas, especially if coming into contact with people you don’t normally meet, and public transport to protect yourself and others
Full details of the rules and government guidance can be found on the GOV.UK website:
Coronavirus: how to stay safe and help prevent the spread - GOV.UK website
Autumn and winter plan 2021
COVID-19 Response: Autumn and Winter Plan 2021 - GOV.UK website
Self-isolation for close contacts
The rules on self-isolation for close contacts have changed:
Advice for people at highest risk of coronavirus
Given the successful rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine programme, the shielding programme has now ended.
If you were previously identified as clinically extremely vulnerable, you are advised to continue to follow the guidance and stay safe.
Are you struggling?
Advice and support
- Test and trace/ self isolation support payment
- Help and support for businesses and jobs
- What businesses need to do
- Advice for people at highest risk of coronavirus
- Oldham COVID-19 Management Plan
- Help with benefits, money and Council Tax
- Support, help and tips for coping with coronavirus
- Coronavirus advice in other languages