Greater Manchester has been identified as an area where the new Covid-19 variant, referred to as the Delta variant, is spreading quickly.
This is because the new COVID-19 variant spreads more easily from person to person.
To help stop the spread, you should take particular caution when meeting anyone outside your household or support bubble.
- Meet outside rather than inside where possible
- Keep 2 metres apart from people that you don’t live with (unless you have formed a support bubble with them), this includes friends and family you don’t live with
- Minimise travel in and out of affected areas
- Get tested twice a week for free and isolate if you are positive
- Continue to work from home if you can
- Get vaccinated when you are offered it, and encourage others to do so as well
Full details of the rules and government guidence can be found on the GOV.UK website:
(COVID-19) Coronavirus restrictions: what you can and cannot do - GOV.UK website
Coronavirus guidance and support for private landlords and tenants
Landlords and tenants in the private rented sector have been impacted significantly by the pandemic.
Help and support is available for landlords and tenants that are struggling:
- Advice and support for tenants during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Guidance for Landlords during the Coronavirus pandemic
Members of staff and the public must wear face coverings in enclosed public spaces.
Advice for people at highest risk of coronavirus
If you have been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable you are no longer advised to shield.
However, you should continue to take extra precautions to protect yourself.
Are you struggling?
Advice and support
- Get a vaccination
- Test and trace/ self isolation support payment
- Support and childcare bubbles
- Advice for people at highest risk of coronavirus
- Help with benefits, money and Council Tax
- Help and support for businesses and jobs
- Changes to funeral services
- Looking after your mental health and wellbeing
- Support, help and tips for coping with coronavirus
- Digital support/ access to computers
- Coronavirus advice in other languages
- Oldham COVID-19 Management Plan