Local and Government Guidance
Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013 - Department for Education website
Children's workforce induction standards
- Guidance for Managers and Supervisors
- A workbook for those working with children, young people and families
Child sexual exploitation
- Interactive guide highlighting danger signs - Community Care website
- Warning Signs of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Circumcision Services for Boys in GM - Greater Manchester Safeguarding Children website
- Circumcision Services for Boys in Greater Manchester - advice leaflet for parents
- What do Gillick Competency and Fraser Guidelines refer to? - NSPCC website
Female genital mutilation
- Female Genital Mutilation - Government Equalities Office PDF
- Female Genital Mutilation - Forward website
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders -How can they protect me? - Information for clients
- What is a Forced Marriage? - Information for the LGBT community
For more information visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
- Kerbcraft - Department for Transport website
Madrassahs and supplementary schools
A guide for professionals:
Services for children in Oldham
The Our Oldham website brings together all services for children in Oldham.
- Information for Children, Familes and Carers
- The Children (Private Arrangments for Fostering) Regulations 2005
Oldham Rochdale and Bury LSCBs have come together to collect and analyse information about the deaths of all children in their area.
Voluntary and faith groups
- Guidance for safer recruitment and selection introduction
- Child Protection Policy and Procedure
- Whistle Blowing Policy
- Procedure for managing allegations against people who work with children
- Safe and Secure Booklet for Faith Groups
Charities and voluntary organisations
Child Action Northwest
Family group conferences:
The Children's Society
- Thinking about running away? - Missing from Home Team leaflet
- All Babies Count (PDF) - information for professionals
HM Government Department for Education publications.
1. Every Child Matters (ECM).
- Change for Children (PDF)
- Safeguarding Children from Abuse Linked to a Belief in Spirit Possession (PDF)
2. The former Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF).
- Safeguarding Children in whom illness is fabricated or induced (PDF)
- Safeguarding children who may have been trafficked:Practice guidance (PDF)
- Safeguarding disabled children: Practice guidance (PDF)
- Staying Safe: Action Plan (PDF)
- The Children's Plan: Building brighter futures (PDF)
- The Children's Plan: Building brighter futures - Summary (PDF)
3. National Childminding Association (NCMA) publications.