Weekly: Business Advice Drop-in Sessions
If you are starting up a business, or in the early stages of running a business and you want to find out what support is available to you, drop in and meet an advisor from Blue Orchid.
These sessions are held every Wednesday 9.30am - 12 noon at Oldham Library (upstairs).
Monthly: Regional Business Growth - Oldham Entrepreneurs' Circle
Two and a half hours of action packed, content-rich and highly informative stuff from the Entrepreneurs' Circle to ensure you are on course to have the best year ever.
Mix with other EC members, share, learn, develop, grow, and get stuff done.
- Second Wednesday of every month, 9.30am - 12.00pm
- Honeywell Centre, Hadfield Street, OL8 3BP
- Online registration - Eventbrite website
Get Digital – Business Growth in a Digital World
To stay ahead of the competition every business has to be a digital one.
Warehouse to Wheels
HGV driver training and Intermediate Apprenticeship
If your business needs additional HGV drivers in order to grow then why not develop your own?
Oldham Council’s Get Oldham Working team has partnered up with Mantra Learning to train existing warehouse or other employees within small and medium companies (less than 250 employees) to obtain a Category C Large Goods Vehicle licence or upgrade an existing licence to C+E.
This innovative pilot programme combines funding from the Council with funding from the European Union* and the government to provide all the training, the test fees and a 12 month apprenticeship programme at no cost to the employee or the employer.
Mantra Learning along with Get Oldham Working can help back-fill any vacant warehouse positions with suitably trained and qualified candidates.
For more details call Mantra on 0800 389 5283
Are you looking to recruit fresh talent into your organisation? Have you got a project that would suit a recent graduate?
Manchester Metropolitan University’s (MMU) GradMatch internship scheme is now live for 2015 and open to applications from organisations across the North West!
GradMatch MMU will:
- Provide you with £1000 to put towards your graduate’s salary for an 8 week internship
- Advertise your internship to graduates with the skills and qualities you are looking for
- Identify suitable candidates and provide interview space if required
- Visit www.mmu.ac.uk/gradmatch and press ‘Apply Now’
- Create your profile on My Career Hub and complete the online application form for the GradMatch scheme
- A member of the GradMatch team will let you know when your internship is live
- All internships must start between Monday 23 November 2015 and Monday 11 January 2016 to qualify for the funding
To talk to someone about your internship and to get more information about the scheme, contact the GradMatch team on 0161 247 3485 or email email@example.com.
For further information about the services MMU offer for employers please visit www.mmu.ac.uk/employers.
GEW - The rise of women's entrepreneurship
still plenty of time to get involved and to host and register your event.
GEW co-host Virgin Startup is one of many partners to be holding events during the week to celebrate women’s entrepreneurship.
They have pulled together three of the most inspiring female entrepreneurs they know in an event where they will talk through their startup stories and offer advice on how you can launch your own business too.
Grab a ticket here.
Tell us your details and we'll add you to the Talking Business Matters mailing list so you'll be the first to hear about upcoming events.talkingbusiness@ol