Help conserve local wildlife
Help conserve our local wildlife and countryside areas for the enjoyment of all.
Ways to get involved:
- Mucky Sundays - pond clearance, dry stone walling, woodland management
- Gardening club - Fridays at Brownhill Nature Garden
- Help in the visitor centres or with events
- Conduct wildlife surveys - record bird sightings
- Learn countryside crafts - hedgelaying, dry stone walling
- Do patrols or help on guided walks
- Meetings and social events
Parks and Countryside Service
Oldham OL8 2BH
Phone: 0161 770 4056
Moston Brook Environmental Events Team
Gain skills in event planning and marketing, and learn about conservation and local biodiversity.
You could also achieve a nationally recognised certificate for volunteering and the John Muir Award for conservation.
The group meet on Wednesday evenings to plan monthly events for the whole community.
New volunteers are always welcome!
Who's it for?
- 16 - 25 year olds from the surrounding area.
Contact Sophie Heywood or Rebekah Beresford:
- Phone: 0161 624 1444
- Email: email@example.com