Help with choosing a school
Choosing a school for your child is an important decision and one that can often seem complicated and confusing. You can access free, impartial and confidential advice from the Choice Advice service.
About Choice Advice
Choice Advice is part of Oldham Council's Family Information Service and Parent Partnership and aims to make the process of applying for a school place as stress-free for you as possible.
The Choice Advice service provides you with information and support to help make realistic and informed choices about the most suitable school for the children in your care.
What sort of help is available?
- How to apply for a school place
- School policies
- Information about individual schools
- Travel details
- Uniform policies
You can also talk to the service about any aspect of your child's individual needs and any other concerns you may have.
Who is it for?
Choice Advice is available to anyone who feels they need help in applying for school places.
It may be of particular help if you have:
- Recently moved into the area
- English is not your first language
- You may have difficulty filling in the form
- You are just feeling confused by the system and would like a helping hand