Report a street cleaning problem
- Phone: 0161 770 6644
- Report it online
Instead of cleaning schedules, streets are cleaned as problems arise.
- High density residential areas - 6 hours
- Low density residential areas - 1 day
- Removal of fly tipping - 4 days
- Full scale site clearances -15 days
Targeting problem areas
Businesses that directly or indirectly generate litter (e.g. shops selling food and drink) may be served a notice.
Standards of cleanliness
The standards of cleanliness used in Oldham have been defined within a Code of Practice as part of the Environmental Protection Act 1990:
- Grade A - free of litter
- Grade B - mostly free of litter apart from small items
- Grade C - quite a lot of litter with small build ups
- Grade D - a lot of litter with significant build ups