Collection of large items
Oldham Council works with Bulky Bob's to collect bulky household waste from your doorstep.
- Up to 3 items: £15
- Additional items: £7.50 each
Charges go towards the cost of collection and disposal of items that cannot be recycled.
Book and pay
There are 3 ways you can book and pay for a collection:
- Over the phone using a credit/debit card: 0161 770 6644
- Use the freephone at a library using cash or credit/debit card: Find a library
- At Moorhey Street depot using cash or a cheque (if cash, please bring correct change): Moorhey Street, Oldham, OL4 1JF
Picking up items
Items can be collected from:
- Inside your property (just make sure access is possible, or be home to let us in)
- On your property (eg front or back garden, garage or shed)
Make sure items are:
- Accessible when we arrive to collect them
- Clean and neat
- Dry and covered (if possible)
- Clearly identifiable
- Only those described at the time of booking.
We can collect
- Cooker, counter-top
- Cooker hood
- Dryers (spin, tumble)
- Freezers (free standing, chest, table top, under-counter)
- Fridges (free standing, table top, under-counter)
- Fridge freezer
- IT equipment
- Power tools
- Small electrical items (eg kettles, toasters)
- Washing machine
- Carpet roll (1 room = 1 item) Cut and rolled into 4 foot strips and placed in an open black bag
- Underlay roll (1 room = 1 item) Cut and rolled into 4 foot strips and placed in an open black bag
- Laminated floor (1 room = 1 item)
- Bed (bases, mattresses, headboards and complete sets)
- Bed settee
- Bedside cabinet (2 pieces = 1 item)
- Chairs (armchair, computer, fireside, recliner, highchair, stools)
- Chaise longue
- Chest of drawers
- Clothes rail
- Cocktail bar
- Coffee table
- Corner settee set (1 item)
- Display cabinet
- Dressing table
- Lounge suites
- Paper rack
- Plant pot stands
- Pool table
- Rocking horse
- Table and chairs sets (1 item)
- Tables (nested, dining room, occassional)
We can't collect
- Bags of miscellaneous items
- Builders waste
- Cylinders (gas)
- Domestic refuse
- Fixtures and fittings (units, doors, windows, bathroom/kitchen suites etc)
- Garden waste
- House clearances (more than 5 items)
- Liquids or hazardous waste
- Sun beds
Who are Bulky Bobs?
Bulky Bobs are an award-winning business who aim to re-use, recycle and refurbish at least 25% by tonnage of the items they collect.
Thousands of items of furniture picked up by Bulky Bobs crews are made available to families on low income.
Drop off or donate
You can take unwanted furniture to the Arkwright Street Household Waste and Recycling Centre.
If your items are in good condition, why not give them to a local charity?
Call now to arrange a collection.