New bins and containers
Grey bins (general rubbish)
To request a new or replacement container contact the Waste Management Team.
- New 240 litre (normal size) - £28
- Used/refurbished 240 litre - £16
- New 140 litre (slimline) - £25
- Used/refurbished 140 litre - £12
Cleaned and refurbished used bins may be available - please ask when ordering.
Payment can be made over the phone using a credit or debit card.
Additional refuse bins
All households in Oldham are entitled to one refuse bin.
You might be allowed an additional bin depending on the number of people in your household and any medical factors that affect the amount of rubbish you produce.
- You must be using all recycling containers correctly in order to qualify
- A bin audit may be conducted as part of the assessment process
- If you meet the criteria, additional bins are free
- Additional bins are usually the 140 litre (slimline) bin
Unauthorised additional refuse bins will be removed from households unless they go through the application process.
To apply for an additional bin, complete the application form:
Recycling containers (blue, green & brown)
Wheeled bins are available in 2 sizes:
- 140 litre (slimline) - free
- 240 litre (normal size) - free
No-blo bags for paper/card recycling and black boxes instead of brown bins are also available on request.
Food caddies come in 2 sizes:
- Small kitchen caddy for internal use
- Large outside caddy for recycling collection
Request a container
Complete the online form and a member of the Waste Management Team will contact you.
When moving house all bins, both recycling and refuse must be left at your previous property. They must not be moved to your new property.