eBooks, Audiobooks and eMagazines
eBooks and Audiobooks
Borrow digital and audio versions of books for free to access on your computer, smartphone, tablet or eBook reader.
You need to be a member of Oldham Libraries to borrow our free eBooks and Audiobooks. If you're not already a member you can join the library online. You will need your library card number and PIN to get started.
You can borrow up to 10 books for up to 21 days - loans expire automatically with no late charges.
To access the eBooks you will need to:
- Check your device is compatible with Overdrive.
- Log in with your library card number and PIN. If you have forgotten your library PIN you can request it online.
- Browse the catalogue and download your choice.
Read full digital copies of your favourite magazines for free from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Nearly 100 titles are currently available covering everything from lifestyle to food, and computers to family history. Titles include Good Housekeeping, BBC Good Food, Gardeners’ World, Who Do You Think You Are? And Computeractive . Borrow an unlimited number of magazines to keep forever or delete when you want.
- go to the Zinio website
- create a new account, and enter your library card number
- browse the selection
- checkout your chosen publications to read in your browser or on a range of mobile devices
Zinio magazines can be read on a wide variety of desktop and mobile apps. The apps are designed for offline reading.
To access the magazines through an app it must first be checked out while you are online through the website. You cannot check out new titles through the app alone.
There is more help on the RB Digital Gateway.
If you're not already a member you can join the library online.