The Link Centre – Volunteering for all
Help someone to live independently for longer while you gain skills and meet new friends.
We provide a wide range of opportunities available including:
- Befriending – brighten a lonely or isolated person’s day by giving a bit of your time. You could stop by for a cup of tea, help them with shopping or introduce them to a community group.
- Friendly face – be that friendly face for someone who has just got home from hospital and who doesn’t have family support.
- Household help – help with jobs around the house and garden.
- Volunteer administrator – help someone with administrative tasks such as bill paying and form filling.
- Travel Companion – support someone to plan and undertake a journey.
- Transport – could you provide transport to help someone get to a medical appointment, a club or activity?
- Set up a group – If you have a new idea for a group that can help support vulnerable or disabled people, let us know.
- Support a group – there are a variety of groups you can support ranging from confidence building, peer support to relaxation. This will allow you to gain employability skills.
- Technology volunteer – are you a technology whizz? Pass on your IT skills and help with how to use a mobile phone.
- Peer volunteer – help to support another volunteer who may need help accessing a volunteering opportunity.
For more information on these opportunities or if you know someone who could benefit from a volunteer please contact The Link Centre.
Oldham, OL1 1DZ