Hiring disabled people
The Wellbeing Service helps local people with disabilities find and keep a job and gives advice about best practice in the recruitment and retention of disabled employees.
Why use The Wellbeing Service?
- Access to a pool of talented, loyal and skilled candidates
- Each candidate will be supported to become an independent, productive and valued employee
- Advice about disability recruitment, equality and diversity in the workplace and the Disability Discrimination Act
- Information about local and national employment programmes such as Access to Work and Train to Gain
- Mentors to help you develop and operate best practices, and match candidates to your job opportunities
- Support for recruitment, development and retention
Trial or employ a candidate
Get in touch with The Wellbeing Service to trial or employ a candidate.
Candidates will arrive with a tailored development plan designed to effectively integrate them into your team.
The plan identifies the support The Wellbeing Service can provide (e.g. on-the-job coaching and access to funding if workplace adjustments are required).
Progress is regularly monitored and the development plan is reviewed. Support will be withdrawn gradually, but can be re-introduced if necessary.