Stables which hire out horses or ponies for riding or instruction must be licensed under the Riding Establishments Acts 1964 and 1970.
A report is also required from a veterinary surgeon or practitioner.
Apply for a licence
Renew a licence:
Ways to pay:
- Pay online
- Pay over the phone: 0161 770 6611 (select option 2)
A Riding Establishment licence costs:
- £214.20 (excluding VAT and veterinary charges)
Local licensed riding establishments
- Croft End Equestrian Centre, Knott Lanes, Oldham, OL8 3JD
- Foxdenton Farm RS, Foxdenton Farm, Chadderton, M24 1QN
- Oxhey Western Trail Rides, Oxhey Lane, Denshaw, OL3 5UB
- Husteads Riding School, Husteads Lane, Dobcross, OL3 5RA
- Saddleworth Stables, Diggle House Farm, Diggle, OL3 5LB