Find out what to do if you are organising an event within the Borough of Oldham.
Events include fairs, pop concerts, festivals, religious events, fun runs, family fun days, car rallies, Remembrance day parades, Whit walks and street parties.
Notify the Council of an event
Do you need to notify the Council of your event?
You should notify the Council if your event will:
- Impact on traffic or parking
- Take place on Council land
- Require road closures or 'no waiting' restrictions
- Have loud music
- Provide entertainment
- Sell food, drink or alcohol
- Require licences e.g. street trading or sale of alcohol
- Attract over 200 people
If your event is on private land and doesn't fall into one of the above categories you do not need to notify the Council. However the Council can help advertise your event:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of parks and open spaces
The use of our parks is generally free, however larger or commercial events may incur a charge.
The cost of hire:
Large Park: £383.48
Small Park: £182.34
Use of town centre
If your query is relates to town centre issues such as promotional stalls, areas for street performers, shopping times etc. Please can you contact our Town Centre Team:
- email: email@example.com
Guidance and Useful Documents
A number of useful documents ranging from
completing risk assessments to guidance on closing a highway are available for
download below. all are designed to give you all the guidance you need to
successfully organise and run an event on public land
- General Events Guidance - gov.uk website
- Event Notification Form (.pdf)
- Example Event Risk Assessment (.pdf)
- Blank Risk Assessment Template (.doc)
- Road closures and diversion routes
Music at events
- PRS live music and events - PRS website
- PRS tariff general purpose - PRS website
- PRS tariff open-air spaces, parks and pools - PRS website
All organisers of events that involve music will need to obtain the appropriate licence from PRS. This should be done prior to the event taking place.
The Council's Events Team are happy to help you with any queries
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.