Start-up and growth
Oldham Enterprise Fund
About the fund
- Aged 16+?
- Got an idea for a business?
- In business and looking to grow?
The Oldham Enterprise Fund is your way to bid for grants and low cost loans to help you on your way to success.
As well as grants and loans, you will also be given a free programme of business support to help prepare your application before presenting it to an assessment panel. Further support is available whether the application is successful or not.
The fund is an innovative partnership between Get Oldham Working, Oldham Business Leadership Group, the Business Growth Hub, Business Finance Solutions and Blue Orchid.
- Applicants must be 16 years or older at the time of application
- Applicants must base their business within the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham or be a resident of, or a student studying in, Oldham.
- Applicants can be from outside the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham as long as the business is located in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham and its main activity is located in the Borough for a minimum of 12 months
- Applicants are required to engage with the support process provided by the Business Growth Hub or Blue Orchid
- Successful applicants will be required to engage with further appropriate business support services as directed by the Assessment Panel
- Entries must be submitted on the official application form
- The funding award must be used for the purpose(s) set out in the application
- The business should be legitimate and legal with the intention to fulfil all appropriate statutory and legal requirements
- Finalists must be able to attend one of the assessment panels to pitch their idea to the assessors.
- Applicants must be available for PR and marketing activities during the Funding period and during Oldham Business Week (17th to 21st March 2014)
- Successful applicants must be prepared to engage with the Fund administrators in reporting progress of their business and updating their Oldham Economic Passport (i.e. engaging with business support services, supporting Get Oldham Working, and developing towards becoming an OBLG Oldham Ambassador) on a quarterly basis
- Unsuccessful applicants will be signposted to relevant business support advice agencies and will be encouraged to engage with these agencies and may apply again at a later date.
- The assessment panel's decision is final and there is no appeals process