Apply for citizenship
For general enquiries to the Home Office phone 0151 237 5478.
For guidance and application forms, visit the UK Border Agency website.
- How do I apply for naturalisation as a British citizen? - UKBA website
Naturalisation of children under 18
For guidance on registering a child as a British citizen, visit the UK Border Agency website.
- Can I register a person under 18 as a British citizen or another form of nationality? - UKBA website
Remain in the UK as a partner
For information about remaining in the UK as a partner, visit the UK Border Agency website.
- Partners and families - UKBA website
Get help applying for citizenship
The Oldham Register Office can help you apply for British Citizenship.
- Complete the form for you (fees are doubled for this service)
- Make sure you have provided all the necessary supporting documents
- Provide certified copies of supporting documents so you can keep the originals
- Check you have included the correct payment
- Send your application safely and quickly to the Home Office by special delivery post
Contact the Register Office to make an appointment (you must book an appointment for this service).
|Type of application||Fees|
|Adult who submits a single application||£47|
|Husband and wife living together who apply at the same time||£67|
|Husband and wife and up to 2 children||£80|
|Additional children on parents application||£25.00 per child (e.g. husband, wife and 4 children total payable £127.00)|
|One or more children under the age of 18 who apply separately from their parents||£25.00 per child|
Home Office fees
The fees in the table above are additional to the fee you pay to the Home Office.
Cost of applying - Home Office website